Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is "Books I Hope Santa Brings Me".
Well, I did actually make a list of books that I am wanting for Christmas...my parents always want wish lists from us, and about 90% of mine consisted of books! So, here's what I'm hoping to see under the tree...
1. Legend by Marie Lu - read some great reviews for this and it sounds exciting!
2. The Future of Us by Jay Asher - Loved Asher's other novel 13 Reasons Why, so I have to see what else he has to offer! Plus, it takes place in the 90's - so I think it will remind me of my teen years!
3. Swipe by Evan Angler - I hadn't heard anything about this book at all, but I saw it at Wal-Mart and it sounds awesome!!
4. Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - I'm going to say something a little shocking here...I have not read any of Clare's books yet. I know - blasphemy - how do I call myself a YA blogger? I have City of Bones sitting on my shelf, but haven't started yet. Everyone raves about all her books, so I need to get on the ball here...
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - This one seems to be on everyone's list - so it must be great!!
6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - My friend won this book from a blog and said I could borrow it after she's done, but I am not a patient person, and it looks really good!
7. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer - have yet to read this series either, and my best book buddy raves about this series.
8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - another pretty cover with great reviews!
9. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - Loved the Wolves books and this one just sounds so different from her other work. I'm anxious to see what else Stiefvater can write!
10. Fallen by Lauren Kate - I'm beginning to debate if I really want to read this. I've heard such mixed things about it. BUT, I just ordered Torment from randombuzzers, so I need to read the first one!
So, there ya go! The Librarian's top ten wish list....what are YOU asking Santa for this year?