CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #2 - Books I Want to Give as Gifts

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and Bookish. This week's topic - books I would like to give as Christmas gifts and who I would give them to (even if I actually don't). I feel the need to add that disclaimer as, well, the Christmas budget is tight here - you know how that goes. So, let the virtual gift giving begin!!

1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (to my mom) - Ok, I cheated. I did actually get her this book for her birthday last month. We went and saw the movie together, and she LOVED it, so I had to get her the book. She is already halfway through it. :)

2. Ted Williams: the Biography of an American Hero by Leigh Montville ( to my dad) - my dad LOVES the Sox and Ted Williams...so, I think he'd like this book.

3. Telling Lies: Clues to Deceipt in the Marketplace, Politics, and Marriage by Paul Ekman (to my husband) - yeah, this sounds boring to me too, but my hubby is a psych grad, and he is interested in anything Paul Ekman writes (little trivia...the TV show "Lie to Me" is based on the work of Paul Ekman...)

4. Crossed by Ally Condie (to my 14 year old daughter) - She LOVED Matched, and has been dying to know what happened with Ky...

5. Dork Diaries: Tales From a Not-so-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renee Russell (to my 10 year old daughter) - she LOVES this series, and asks for it every time we go to the bookstore.

6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney (to my 8 year old son) - he has every single Wimpy Kid book and has read them countless times each...'nuff said.

7. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (my bff and fellow book blogger, Tristen) - She has been waiting patiently for the paperback to come out (because she has the other 2 in PB) and hasn't gotten to read it yet. She's the one that got me hooked on this series in the first place, and I kinda felt guilty when I read the final book before she did. (got from library). So, I would buy it for her...and because I know how she is with wanting the whole series in the same format, I would buy Shiver and Linger in hardback for her too...:)

8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (to my daughter's color guard director) - I recently discovered that he and I have similar taste in books, and I told him he HAD to read this series. Like now.

9. I Will Carry You by Angie Smith (to Michelle Duggar) - with Mrs. Duggar's 20th child's recent passing in her 2nd trimester of pregnancy, I would give her this book as I know she must be grieving. I recommend this book to all mothers who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss.

10. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (to all my older daughter's classmates) - junior high kids can be so mean to each other. My daughter is always coming home and telling me about catty things that others say. I would like them all to read this book to see how every "minor" thing that is said or done can impact somebody else in ways we cannot even comprehend.

What books will you be giving out as gifts this Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment