CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Looking Back...Top 10 Book Covers of 2011


The idea for this week of reflection on the books of 2011 was created by Jaime and Patricia from Two Chicks on Books and Rachel from Fiktshun. Each day this week will focus on a different Top 10 topic. Today's topic - pretty book covers of 2011.
We all know the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." But every book lover I know (myself included) can't help but fall for a beautiful cover! I know that when I am in a bookstore, I will grab any book that looks pretty, THEN I read the blurb...it's the cover that catches our attention.
So, here are some of the covers that caught my eye this past year...in no particular order...
1. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - I am actually reading this right now. I just love the underwater scene with her hair and dress billowing out behind her...and the red ribbon wound around her wrist. It's really fitting with the story too.

2. Hourglass by Myra McEntire - haven't read this yet, but this cover is just so interesting! Did you notice how she's actually standing sideaways, on the wall, facing the floor? It took me awhile to notice that, lol. It's just...different!

3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I don't know why this one sticks out to me, but it does...I seem to like the underwater scenes. How he has his arms around her like he's pulling her up out of the water - it's just a cool pic.

4. Supernaturally by Kierstin White - haven't read this series yet, but I love how each book has a color theme. The next book is even more gorgeous with its purple theme!
5. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - I just bought this book today and it's prettier in person - it's shiny and has silver in it.
6. Exiled by Rashelle Workman - I actually have not seen this one in person yet...but the butterflies and glittery look is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!
7. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - I have this one out from the library right now. It is another that is even prettier in person, it has an almost holographic effect (I don't know how else to describe it...)
8. Abandon by Meg Cabot - I have this one (autographed from when I got to meet her in person!!) - I love the gold lettering and accents.
9. Entwined by Heather Dixon - BEAUTIFUL!! The lettering and leaves in the picture are silver which add to the fairy tale quality, and just look at that dress! and the castle! and the garden!!
10. When I read this book, I frequently would flip to the cover and just look at it (not even kidding!) another metallic accented book, pretty dress, and the Parisian skyline ain't bad either!
So many beautiful covers out there! Looks like there are plenty more coming up in 2012 as well! What book covers catch your eye?

0 comments:

Post a Comment