CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking back...Top 10 female characters



Today's topic is my top 10 characters from books that I've read in 2011. Since I posted about the boys yesterday, today I will include my top 10 female characters.
1. Minnie (The Help by Kathryn Stockett) - I loved Skeeter and Abilene too, but Minnie was my favorite, because of her attitude. (chocolate pie anyone?)
2. Sam Kingston (Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver) - At the beginning of the book, she was a "mean girl"...but after dying - over and over - she learns her lesson, and makes drastic changes. She develops empathy, and ends up making the ultimate sacrifice.
3. Tessa (Before I Die by Jenny Downham) - Here is a girl who knows she is dying of leukemia. Instead of just accepting the death sentence, she makes a list of what she wants to do before she dies and sets out to accomplish them. I didn't agree with everything she set out to do (like trying drugs), but admire her determinedness.
4. Annah (Dead Tossed Waves and The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan) - She was so strong and while she did sometimes feel sorry for herself because of her physical defects, ultimately she didn't let it stop her from fighting for her sister and for her true love.
5. - Liesel (The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak) - I so loved her passion for the written word. I saw a little of myself in her.
6. - Tris (Divergent by Veronica Roth) - What can I say? She kicks major boo-tay!
7. Rhine (Wither and Fever by Lauren deStefano) - I admired her for not be willing to just accept what happened to her. Even if I DID like Linden, she didn't love him, so why should she be forced to stay with him? She wanted freedom - freedom to love and freedom to find her brother. And she was strong enough to go after it.
8. Violet (The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting) - Hey, she used her "gift" to get a murderer convicted. Gotta admire that!
9. Janie (the Wake trilogy by Lisa McMann) - another one who uses her powers for good and not evil...
10. Nina (XVI by Julia Karr) - I love how she stood up for what she believed in at the risk of being in trouble with the government.
Who were memorable female characters for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment