CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #1 - Childhood Favorites

Bold
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. I am jumping in on this bandwagon...I love me some lists! :)

This week's Top Ten is Childhood Favorites. This will be hard...I was a MAJOR bookworm (surprise, I know) from about 4 years old! But, I will try my best...in no particular order...

1.) The Ramona and Beezus series by Beverly Cleary - I cannot even tell you how many times I read each one of these books...COUNTLESS! I was obsessed! In the 80's, there was a short lived television series starring Sarah Polly, and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! It was cute, but of course, the books were better. I think my favorite of the series was Ramona Quimby, Age 8.

2.) Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself by Judy Blume - I think this book is what started my love of reading about the Holocaust era. In this book, Sally was obsessed with Adolph Hitler, thinking she saw him everywhere. I read this many times too.

3.) Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing series by Judy Blume - ok, I'll be honest, ALL of Judy Blume's books would make it on this list...I read all her books multiple times as well. This series was so funny!

4.) Buddies by Barbara Park - I got this through a book of the month club that my mom let me join. It was about a group of girls that became friends at summer camp. Another one for multiple readings.

5.) The Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin - This series inspired me to start my own babysitting business with my bff. We had 3 families that we babysat for. I LOVED them. We always decided that I was Mary Anne and she was Claudia. :)

6.) Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - This was such a sad book, but so so good! My bff and I made our own getaway in her playhouse, and for a while we called it Terabithia, but then we made up our own name, but I cannot remember what it was!

7.) The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson - One of my all time favorite Christmas stories! I loved how the rough and tough Herdmans showed that even they could be touched by the Christmas spirit.

8.) Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maude Montgomery - I was so obsessed with Anne! The movies AND the books. Gilbert was my first crush. :)

9.) In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson by Bette Bao Lord - another frequent read. Loved this story of a Chinese immigrant family trying to assimilate to American life.

10.) Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzugh - this book inspired me to "spy" and keep "observations" in a notebook. Just a fun, fun story!

There we go! Top 10 childhood faves...What are yours?

10.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment