Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the top 10 books that I would run and save in the case of alien abduction, fire, nuclear catastrophe, whatever. And let me front this by saying that this is PURELY in fun...if alien abduction, fire, or any of the like were to happen, I would just take my babies and run...I love my books and all, but I can buy more!
But if aliens were to attack, these would be my top 10 rescued books....(and I'm not going to count photo albums or baby books, because that should go without saying...)
1. my personalized, signed copy of Abandon by Meg Cabot - I got to meet her last summer and she was so sweet and funny!
2. my personalized, signed copy of Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle - When I was a teenager, I volunteered at the local library and was chosen to help present an award to Ms. L'Engle. I then got to meet her and get my book signed. It was a lifetime highlight for me, and I've treasured that book!
3. my ARC of Fever by Lauren DeStefano - this was one of my first unsolicited ARC's for a major hit. I remember opening it and LITERALLY squealing! It is precious!
4. my childhood collection of Beverly Cleary books - my Ramona books are some of my most beloved possessions. I read them so many times as a child. I still have my original copies.
5. my childhood collection of Judy Blume books - same as my Ramona books
6. my childhood set of Little House on the Prairie books
7. my childhood set of Anne of Green Gables books
8. The Hunger Games - because it's my favoritest book ever!
9. the copy of the Bible that I received in 4th grade that had my name engraved on the front. It is so marked up in it and highlighted with all the passaged that I've memorized. It is very full of memories :)
10. my personalized, signed copy of H2o by Austin Boyd and Brannon Hollingsworth - do you see a pattern here? I really treasure my signed books!!
So, what about you? Which books would you rescue? Leave me a link!