CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 6, 2012

Musing Monday - Football or Books?



Musing Monday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. This week's question:

Did you do any reading in lieu of watching the Super Bowl game yesterday, or were you foregoing reading to watch the game? If you read a book (or books), what did you read?

Well, we are not big sports fans in our house, so we weren't really watching any of the game. However, my daughter went to a church sponsored Super Bowl party, so I had to drive her over there and then pick her up. And in between those times I was doing a lot of homework and cooking dinner. So, unfortunately, I didn't get a whole lot of reading done either. Throughout the day, I did alternate through my currently reading books. I am reading  books at the moment and here is the method I have right now...I have them all stacked by my chair. I read one chapter from the top book, then move it to the bottom of the pile, read one chapter of the next one, then move it to the bottom of the pile...and so on. I have so many different books to be reading for different reasons, that this is the best way I can think of to feel like I'm making progress on all of them! So, I bet you want to know what I'm reading, hm?

1. New Girl by Paige Harbison (e-ARC for review)

2. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr (library book)

3. Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson (for my Materials for Children class - Scott O'Dell reading requirement)

4. Forbidden Sea by Sheila Nielson (dusty shelves challenge)

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (doing a presentation on this book for my YA Lit class)

2 comments:

Ninja Girl said...

Lol, this is a great question! During the Bowl, I actually watched Downton Abbey on PBS :D Also, I hope you do well on your presentation. I really enjoyed Shatter Me; LOVED the lyrical voice and the villian Warner (he was a horrible person, but very interesting).
Ninja Girl

Carole Rae said...

...Neither. I had to work. However, as much as I love to read, I would have been watching the game. I'm also in love with sports.

Post a Comment