CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 31, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


From inside the book:

"A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very peculiar photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that Miss Peregrine's children were more than just peculiar. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow - impossible though it seems - they may still be alive."

I LOVED this book! I decided to read it for Halloween - I don't like horror stories, but this was perfect for me...creepy, but not scary. This was just such a DIFFERENT book. The unusual vintage photos used in the book definitely drew me in, as they have many. And those photos are REAL - they are not doctored up to fit the story. It was so cool, how author Riggs took these photos and worked them into a story. But cool photos aside, the story was awesome too! The characters are very likeable and interesting (well, except the villains, of course), and the action keeps you turning those pages. I can't really even think of anything I DIDN'T like about the story (well, maybe the few instances of language...but there really wasn't even too much of that). I definitely recommend this book to anyone! I gave it 5/5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment