CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In My Mailbox - October

So, I've gone from doing a weekly In My Mailbox to a monthly because, well, my goodreads winning streak seems to have come to a halt, and I've put a hold on buying books for awhile. So, my weekly IMM's for some weeks would be an empty space :( Boy, getting the mail is just no fun anymore!
Until, I just couldn't take it anymore...I had to do something! So, I browsed half.com. Well, as you probably know, if you buy more than one book from the same seller, it saves shipping...so, y'know, I had to maximize those savings...Anywho, I bought 6 books - all around .75 each. I was a little disappointed with the condition of some of them...but beggars can't be choosers, I s'pose. So, here are the new additions to the bookshelf for the past month...
Sarah's Key by Tatiana deRosnay - got for free on paperbackswap. The movie is coming out soon, and I've GOT to read before I see! I love books set in this time period (Holocaust era).
I Don't Want to Be Crazy by Samantha Schutz - got for free on paperbackswap. This is a book written in verse, much like Ellen Hopkins, and is actually a memoir. I love books about psych-related issues.
Gone and Hunger by Michael Grant - Since I picked up Gone in a bookstore and started reading it (but left behind), I've been dying to read this series. Will have to see if it lives up to my expectations before buying the rest.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - so much hype behind this book and I thought I read this was being made into a movie...
Wherever You Go by Joan Leegant - won on goodreads. Sounds pretty good.
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley - sounded pretty good, and my older daughter was wanting to read it.
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller - another pick off my TBR list
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - another hyped up book that is being made into a movie. I like to stay in the know on books like this...just can't keep up like I would like to.
So, that's it for this month. I expect next month will be rather sparse. Might have to do a combo of Nov/Dec...unless anyone wants to buy me an early Christmas book present - wink, wink, lol. I might be able to manage scraping together a wish list ;)
Happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment