CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


Blurb from back of the book:
"Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fin in at school...or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her. Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face...and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart."
This is the first in a highly talked-about series. Soooooo many people have raved and raved about this book, so I was very excited to read it. For me....it was just...ok. Put down the rotten tomatoes and flaming arrows, please. First, let me say that the writing was awesome. Kagawa is obviously a gifted writer. The writing style was a good balance of being easy to read, yet beautifully poetic. I just wasn't terribly into the whole fey (fairy) world, I guess. But, for those of you who do love fairy stories, this would totally be up your alley.I will probably read the rest of the series, but I'm not in a huge hurry to do so.
Between Ash and Puck, I have to say that I wanted Meghan to end up with Puck...I always seem to be a sucker for the best- friend-turned-love-interest.

2 comments:

Totally Booked Solid said...

can i just throw a regular Tomato at you ? :) I guess we are even tho I'm reading Bumped and not really liking it. So i guess we aren't total book twins

Library Kary said...

Really? I totally thought you would like Bumped...it's definitely different. I AM reading The Dark and Hollow Places, and it has definitely gotten better. I'm liking it better than the last one (but not as much as the first...)

Post a Comment