Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is 10 authors I'd love to see more books from.
1. Beverly Cleary - My number one childhood favorite. I wish that there were more Ramona books or even a new, more contemporary series that I could give to my kids.
2. Janet Fitch - I loved White Oleander, and always thought that I would love to read more from her - she seemed to have a special knack for writing plots with a psychological nature (which I always love).
3. L.M. Mongtgomery - Who doesn't love Anne of Green Gables? Lucy Montgomery did write a lot of books besides the Anne books, but I could always read more from her...
4. Kathryn Stockett - I loved The Help SOOOOO much, that I just want to read anything else Stockett publishes!!!
5. Billie Letts - It's been a little while since she's published one, and I've read everything she's ever written!
6. Carrie Ryan - I know she's still relatively "new", but after finishing The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy, I need her to hurry up and write some more!!
7. Laurie Halse Anderson - It's been a little while since she's had a new release, and I just love her writing! Wintergirls, Speak, and Catalyst are 3 of my favorite books!
8. Suzanne Collins - ok, I NEED more after The Hunger Games trilogy. Anxious to see what else she can come out with. I'll be honest - I tried her Gregor series, and didn't care much for it, but would love to see what's next for her!
9. Ellen Hopkins - I know she's got some books in the works, but I devour her books as fast as she cranks (ha! no pun intended - Crank, get it?) them out. I need them faster please, Ms. Hopkins! :)
10. Stephenie Meyer - I'll admit that while I liked Twilight okay, they weren't my favorite. BUT, Meyer is the one who actually brought me to the YA genre, which I am no head over heels for. And she is so HUGELY popular, that I am curious to see what else she creates!
So, there is my list of who I'd love to read more books from. What authors can you not get enough of?
If you are a new follower, please leave your blog link in your comments, and I would be happy to follow you back! :)