CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday (#2)



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is an opportunity for book bloggers to get to know each other and find new blogs to read as well as new followers.

Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

Ok, you do realize I am a reader and not a musician, right? I don't have any new, interesting band for you to discover. I listen to mostly top 40 stuff - the music that EVERYONE knows, and is probably sick to death of...I am one who seems to discover stuff late...and by the time I catch on to it, everyone else has moved on...what can I say? That's just how I roll. So, I will just tell you the top 3 songs that I can't get enough of right now...oh, and I am not tech savvy enough to figure out how to add the youtube videos...so, sorry about that.

1. Adele - "Rollin' in the Deep" - Adele's voice is so REAL, and she puts such passion into her music. I feel like I'm experiencing what she's singing about right there with her.

2. Beyonce - "Halo" - My 14 year old is choreographing a flag routine to this song for her very first winter guard solo for competition. So, I've been hearing this song a LOT. Luckily, I like it!

3. Lady Gaga - "Edge of Glory" - ok, really anything Lady Gaga I like. I NEVER would have thought I'd be a Gaga fan, but darn it, her songs are so catchy!

If you are a new follower, please leave a comment with a link to your blog, and I'll happily follow you back. And I'd love to hear what music YOU are listening to!

13 comments:

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

I'm pretty big on pop music too. You can probably find me singing along with most catchy stuff on the radio. I like Kesha and Lady Gaga, Coldplay, and tons of others.

Dominique said...

Definitely a Beyonce & Lady Gaga fan too!! :D
That's really exciting that your daughter is choreographing a flag routine!! Nice song choice too! :)

thanks for stopping by my book blog! I'm a new follower here :)

Dominique
The Book Vault

Unknown said...

I love all of those songs!! New follower from Books Ahoy :)

www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

YOu are so right about Adele's voice! New follower :)


My FF Post

Unknown said...

Adele is pretty amazing.
Thanks for stopping by. :)

Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I love Rolling in the Deep. My fav Adele song.
My Hop

Sophie said...

Great choices! Especially Lady Gaga ;D

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jessie Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie Marie said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with like the mainstream stuff! ;)

Thanks for stopping by the Daily Bookmark!
Jessie Marie
New Follower
The Daily Bookmark

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

I love Halo too! Such a beautiful song.

New follower :)

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I love Adele! Thanks for stopping by my FF :) And thanks for following! I'm following back :)

Giselle said...

Oh I love lady Gaga. She's the weirdest person ever, but her songs are freaking awesome!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Cassie S. said...

Those are all great songs. I must agree that I tend to get into songs after they have been popular for a while as well. So don't feel like your the only one. I'm not much of a music fanatic. It's all about the books for me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the support. Following you back now. =D

Post a Comment