CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu


"From the outside, Lucy's home looks normal. Inside the front door is where the secrets begin. Towering piles of newspapers and magazines. Bags of junk flooding every inch of open space. The rotting smell permeating the air. This is what she's kept from everyone - that her mother's compulsive hoarding has reduced their lives to garbage...literally.

With just two years until graduation, Lucy finally feels like a normal life is within her grasp. Her new best friend, Kaylie, and her longtime crush, Josh, make a future seem almost possible.

Then one morning Lucy comes home to find something she never expected, something that will change her life forever. And she must ask herself - how far can she go to protect her family's secrets?"

As a fan of the show Hoarders: Buried Alive, this book really caught my eye. Like the hoarders on the show, the mother in this book frustrated the living daylights out of me, because I just don't understand how people can live like that. (Well, I understand it on a psychological level, but not on an emotional level.) I felt so bad for Lucy though, because she was FORCED to live like this.

I was able to predict what happened in the end...but it was still really good. It was a very quick, engaging read. It was also very motivating, lol! It totally made me want to go and throw out a bunch of stuff, lol. I actually went and organized my cabinets and threw out a whole trash bag full of pots, pans, tupperware, etc. Hmmm, the author needs to make this into a series, lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment