CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting



From the inside cover:


"Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies - or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world...and the imprints that attach to their killers.


Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.


Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer - and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer...and becoming his prey herself."


Honestly, the first 100 pages or so were really slow, and I kind of had a hard time getting into it...it was more focused on Violet and Jay's burgeoning romance. But, once we are introduced to the actions of the serial killer, and the following pursuit, it really picks up. In several parts, my heart was literally racing!


I did love the romance between Jay and Violet. I've always had a soft spot for those "childhood best friends-turned love interest" relationships. His protectiveness of Violet made me melt.


I cannot imagine having a "gift/curse" like she has - sensing echoes of those who met an untimely demise. Even animals!


I was going to give this book 3.5 stars out of 5 - BUT, the ending!! Oh my goodness, the ending bumped it up to a 4. I am not going to spoil it - you will just have to read it for yourself...but I can say that I will definitely be getting the sequel Desires of the Dead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment