Saturday, August 27, 2011
So, I went a little crazy at the library today...
My friend, Tristen, has been going to a particular branch of our county library (we are blessed to have 28 branches in our county!!), and I have never actually been to this one. See, in our library system, all 28 branches are connected. As long as you have a county card, you can go to any branch you want. You can even order books online from ANY branch and have them SENT to any branch. It is truly awesome! I always like to visit new ones, so I ventured out today. I was NOT disappointed! It was a very small library -- but the selection certainly was not lacking! I could not make a decision as to what to leave behind out of these, so I took em all. I can always renew them later...So, here's what I got:
1) Elixir by Hilary Duff -- hey, I have to see if Lizzie McGuire can write, as well as act and sing! My daughter started reading it tonight, and she's already half way through.
2) Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - my friend, Tristen, read this and really liked it, and we have very similar tastes, so I had to check it out. My daughter is also wanting to read it. She seems to have a thing for werewolves lately.
3) XVI by Julia Karr - interesting sounding dystopian plot. One of the discussion boards I participate in is considering this as the book of the month for September.
4) So B. It by Sarah Weeks - I've been eying this for awhile. It's about a girl being raised by her mentally handicapped mother. This kind of stuff interests me, for some reason.
5) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting - I've seen this on several other blogs, and it just sounds like a good paranormal read.
6) Haven by Kristi Cook - Again, saw this on some blogs and it caught my interest. Other blogs are the #1 place I look for interesting new titles.
7) A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb - a ghost story
8) Need by Carrie Jones - another recommendation from my pal, Tristen
9) Blood Red Road by Moira Young - I spotted this at Walmart, and it sounded good!
As you can see, I will be quite busy! I also have books to review, and I got 2 in the mail today from a traveling book club! Guess I should get a move on! :) Happy reading!