CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson


I received this book in the mail as part of a "traveling" book club that I signed up for. It was my first time to do this, and I am hooked!

This was a different genre than what I've been reading lately - an adult psychothriller. It had me hooked from the beginning.

Imagine waking up EVERY SINGLE MORNING, not knowing who you are, or where you are. And not recognizing the man sleeping next to you as your husband of 25 years. This is Christine's reality. A terrible accident has resulted in a rare form of amnesia where her memories are erased every time she goes to sleep. Every day her husband, Ben, has to explain to her what has happened to her, and tell her her life story.

Under suggestion of her doctor, she starts to keep a journal to help her remember everything. She is shocked to open it and find these three words "Don't trust Ben." Now, she is suspicious of everything her husband does and tells her. But who CAN she trust? Can she even trust herself? Through her daily journal, Christine must unwrap a complicated mystery of what REALLY happened to her, and who really can be trusted.

Every single page of this book is like a puzzle piece - a puzzle that is not completed until the very end. It was exciting, shocking, and full of twists and turns. It is a fabulous book that I highly recommend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment