CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


"the cold.

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf - her wolf - watches her back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

the heat.

Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace...until know.

the shiver.

For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human - and Grace must fight to keep him - even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future."

Why does it seem I am always behind on reading the popular books? Seriously, I always seem to wait until EVERYONE has read it, then I'll consider it. I'm just weird, I guess, but then, we all knew that! ;o) Anyway, my 13 year old claimed this as the best series EVER, and I've heard SO many rave reviews - so I caved. I'll be honest...I found it slow starting out, and was thinking "and, WHY is this so popular?" Well, it DID get better. The romance between Sam and Grace is very sweet and sigh-inducing (very reminiscent of Edward and Bella in Twilight). Lots of action towards the middle to end...and an unexpected ending that definitely leads into a sequel (Linger - which I just placed on hold at the library).

It's definitely not deep and thought-provoking...but if you liked the Twilight series, you will like this series too. I gave it a 4/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment