CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Reading With Class #4







Reading With Class is a (ahem, not-so-weekly) meme hosted by yours truly where I feature the books I've been reading for my library related classes. I have been slacking on the posting, so this will be a "catch up post".
The following are all for my YA Lit class...


The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Yay! Got to re-read Hunger Games! That made for an easy, enjoyable week!
Fahrenheit 451
This was alright for me - not outstanding - just alright. I like the underlying message, of course - how precious the written word is. The story just didn't have me enthralled. Good writing, good message...but it just didn't grab me. I gave it 3/5 stars.
Gifts (Annals of the Western Shore, #1)
Let me start by saying I am not really a fan of high fantasy to start with. So, I did not go into this with big expectations. I was pretty much right. All the names were confusing. The story was very hard to get into. I literally kept falling asleep while reading it....I just did not care for it at all. It only got a 2/5 stars from me.

That is what I have been reading for school. I will try to be better about staying on top of it! :) Have you read any of these books, and if so, what did you think?

2 comments:

Alex said...

I have read The Hunger Games and Fahrenheit 451 - loved both of them, can't wait to see the The Hunger Games movie, now. I haven't read your third choice, but maybe someday. How do the kids like these books?

Jaime Morrow said...

I'm not a fan of high fantasy either. The names totally get me every time. I'm constantly have to flip back in the book and ask "Okay, who was that again?". I'm ashamed to say that this was one of the things that drove me bonkers about The Lord of the Rings. How many names does Aragorn need???

Very cool that you got to re-read The Hunger Games for school. I'm due for a re-read before the movie comes out. Fahrenheit 451 is one of those books on my TBR Eventually list. I feel like I kind of should read it, you know?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these books :)

Post a Comment