CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Need by Carrie Jones



From inside the book:


"Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.


She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara."


I read a lot of paranormal titles, but this is the first "pixie" book I have read - which automatically differentiated it from all the other ones I've read. Sometimes, paranormal stuff kind of sounds the same...you know, especially the vampires and wolves. I also loved how each chapter was named after a phobia...being a psychology major, that really caught my attention! This book had romance, action, and a satisfying ending...what more could you ask for? I did find the writing to be a little too "teenager" for me at times, lol. I know, I know - it IS young adult, but that was my main complaint. I will be reading the next books in the series in the future! I give it 4 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment